Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sun Java Studio Creator on Kubuntu amd64

On my dist (Kubuntu (debian based linux) 6.06 LTS x86_64), JSC quit installation process saying i didnt have compat-libstdc++ and compat-libstdc++-devel rpms installed... It then only installed JSC and reached the end of the installation process. But then, just for the heck of it, I downloaded Sun Java App Server PE 8 update 2. Amazingly, it installed without posing any difficulties!! I was unable to resolve the error (no rpms) coz i have a debian based dist and was unable to find out what libstdc++ it was compiled against, or what exactly is the function of compat-libstdc++ besides providing the compatibility, or how can it be simulated.

I have ubuntu x86 (32 bit edition) installed in my college's lab and there everything worked as a breeze i.e. the compelete JSC alongwith the server was installed without any issues at all...
So what i thought was: I change my installtion's (amd64) config files to match those of x86 installation. Unfotunately, I was unable to locate which config file can make the difference. If any one has any ideas, then **please** share them. Until then, I am deploying the war archive again and again for testing.

BTW I was unable to install Oracle 9ir2 on amd64/x86, so i have switched to latest MySQL with their latest (5.0.3) connectorJ drivers. They work on x86/amd64 installation.

No comments: